Saturday, April 23, 2011

Color Me Beautiful


The heat wave is back with vengeance and it’s not even summer yet, it’s still spring..or it is? Here in Pakistan it’s hard to tell even if you have a spring season.

 A blog post has been long overdue. For the past two months I wanted to vent out my frustration about the countless lawn exhibitions that have been cropping all over Karachi..I see names I have never seen before and the most annoying part is how everyone is thanking the customers for the over whelming response! Is that even possible that every lawn gets sold out immediately???

Wait .. I just realized I am venting again and that is not the plan for this post. This post is about my recent OBSESSION with nail colors! 
Though I always enjoyed painting my nails I used to use very conservative colors like nudes, grays, dull silvers and glossy whites. I used to believe that the brighter tones would make my hands dark and ugly. Now that I look back I can’t believe how wrong I was!

For those out there who think twice before putting on shades like sea green, yellow, orange, purple and blue my advice is GO FOR IT! Nail polish is a fresh way to update your look and rainbow colored nail colors are all the rage this summers.

For those who want to wear yellow nail color make sure your dress is in the shades of greens, browns and beige. For darker skin tones choose a shade that’s brighter, like lemon yellow. For those with fairer hands a deeper yellow is recommended, something like an egg yolk color.




Hot pink looks best with a classic all black or an all white outfit. It is best to avoid busy and bright floral prints. For this color the rule is reversed for darker skin tone go for a deeper shade of pink and for fairer tone go for a brighter pink like fuchsia or rose pink.



Orange is the hottest nail color for this season. It is also a very tricky color to carry. Neon orange shade has been very popular with the celebrities on and off the red carpet. I believe to carry this color the outfit needs to be of a single solid color. It can be grey, black, white, dark blue, beige, and even a dull yellow. Orange has no rule! Try as many shades as possible and go for the one that looks the best!



Blue nail color looks uber glam! I love how dark and deep midnight blue looks good on every skin tone and can be paired with various colored outfits. Other shades to try include a lighter powder blue, another color popular with celebs. However powder blue is best for fairer skin tones. For a darker skin color darker shades like electric blue with a touch of shimmer would look amazing.

Coco Chanel said 'the best color in the world is the one that looks good on you!' so make sure that this season you not only find the perfect outfit and accessories but also the perfect shade of nail color to make your outfit pop =D

6 comments:

  1. Its hight time you posted...and now I'm gonna grab me one of the yellow ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The orange and yellow shades look like stuff of dreams..at least on the nails in the pictures given :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post. :) Though I'm not a nail polish fan but I love that sky blue, or whatever blue that is, in the last picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. its really nice colors, i like it very much, Pakistan latest Fashion, what brings us this season? What is “in” or “out”? What is fashion in Pakistan and what's gone out of fashion?
    Get all fashion information about Pakistan fashion industry,
    just visit to Nail fashion

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't had the courage to try yellow yet but now I will. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete